Looking for something to do:

Upcoming CHUM Events

Dismiss Notice
  3. Where CHUM Dives

CHUM dive trips, trip reports, dive buddy board and more:

Where CHUM Dives

Dismiss Notice
  4. CHUM Officers

Questions, Suggestions, Want to Lead a CHUM Trip or Learn about the CHUM Officers? Contact us:

Your CHUM Board of Directors

Dismiss Notice
  5. CHUM Facebook

Like and Follow us:

CHUM FaceBook

Dismiss Notice
  6. CHUM Swag

Get Your CHUM Swag Here. Browse through our own store to pick up great swag for all the ocean lovers and scubadivers you know. Purchasing items supports the club - even if it's not CHUM branded. There are items for everyone so go pick something out today.

CHUM Swag

Dismiss Notice
  7. DAM CHUMmers

Get special CHUM swag by Diving Every Month. Become a

DAM CHUMmer
    Dismiss Notice
  8. 2018 Canada

CHUM's Canada Bound. Join us Summer 2018 for:

Eau Canada
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Philippine Phantasy 2018

Dive with CHUM as we

Try to find Nemo. We're off to the Philippines and would love to have you join us.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Become A Tiger Shark and More

Become a full fledged CHUM member by paying only $35/year to become a Tiger Shark, pay for trips, pay for CHUM Calendars and even pick up an extra CHUM T-shirt or CHUM patch here.

CHUM Payments

Dismiss Notice

Anyone wants to get a dive in on.January?.

Discussion in 'DIVE Buddy Board' started by New Adventure, Jan 5, 2018.

1. New Adventure

New Adventure Member

Anyone wants to get a dive in this month? At San Macro Spring? I know that BL is closed, correct? Tryimg.to refresh my skills before March trip.

DivingDoug likes this.
  2. DeepGeek

DeepGeek Tiger Shark

I can't get to San Marco Spring/Spring lake but I can do something quick and local Saturday afternoon or Sunday. Lake 288 for a quick dunk.

It'll be cold though: it'll barely touch 50F in the air in the afternoon either day and sunday morning will start out ~39F.
    Water will be in low 50s (anyone know the exact temp?). You're going to want to dive in a serious wetsuit or dive dry.

So that's Saturday 13th after 2pm or Sunday 14th (1pm onwards for warmth?). Forecast is sunny both days.

Right now is a good chance for folks to get in some dry suit time for Eau Canada...

DivingDoug likes this.
  3. ReefHound

ReefHound Divemaster

I'm pretty sure we will be doing Spring Lake in February.

If you're shooting for DAM Chummer and need January, look up Spring Lake Divers group on FB and post there for a buddy.

4. Seaagg05

Seaagg05 Tiger Shark

Sure, I’m game for Saturday. Yes, a 3-mil isn’t going to cut it.

5. DivingDoug

DivingDoug President Staff Member

I can't make it this weekend, but I'd go diving with you on the 20th or 27th.

6. Sushi Boy

Sushi Boy DAM CHUMmer

Two things, FYI

- Shurmier is closed between Cullen and the lake for the foreseeable future. To get to 288 Lake, plan on taking Alameda Genoa to S Wayside to Shurmier.

- 288 Lake won't be open this afternoon. If y'all are diving, you might want to redirect to Twin Lakes or Longhorn.

7. Sushi Boy

Sushi Boy DAM CHUMmer

Sorry, spoke too soon.

Since Jennifer and I were the only ones there, the guy at the gate said he was eager to lock up and leave after we got done. When we got out of the water though, a couple of classes had shown up, so they said they'd still be open at 2:00.

8. Seaagg05

Seaagg05 Tiger Shark

Oh, ok cool, thanks