Looking for something to do:

Upcoming CHUM Events

Dismiss Notice
  3. Where CHUM Dives

CHUM dive trips, trip reports, dive buddy board and more:

Where CHUM Dives

Dismiss Notice
  4. CHUM Officers

Questions, Suggestions, Want to Lead a CHUM Trip or Learn about the CHUM Officers? Contact us:

Your CHUM Board of Directors

Dismiss Notice
  5. CHUM Facebook

Like and Follow us:

CHUM FaceBook

Dismiss Notice
  6. CHUM Swag

Get Your CHUM Swag Here. Browse through our own store to pick up great swag for all the ocean lovers and scubadivers you know. Purchasing items supports the club - even if it's not CHUM branded. There are items for everyone so go pick something out today.

CHUM Swag

Dismiss Notice
  7. DAM CHUMmers

Get special CHUM swag by Diving Every Month. Become a

DAM CHUMmer
    Dismiss Notice
  8. August 2018 CHUM Flower Gardens Trip

CHUM takes over the Fling!

Join the takeover!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Going Down on Travis

Join us as we go down on:

Travis
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Become A Tiger Shark and More

Become a full fledged CHUM member by paying only $35/year to become a Tiger Shark, pay for trips or even pick up an extra CHUM T-shirt or CHUM patch here.

CHUM Payments

Dismiss Notice

Bolivar Volunteer Day

Discussion in 'CHUM Gives' started by Sushi Boy, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Sushi Boy

Sushi Boy DAM CHUMmer

Sherilynne sent this message about a very worthy cause:

I know I don't post too much anymore but I do know CHUM has a good history of volunteerism and the club has lats of great people with big hearts. I know many people in Houston have sort of gone back to normal after Ike but there are many communities still reeling. One of my friends home in Gilchrist at rollover pass was destroyed and we were down there trying to salvage stuff. I know they are having a volunteer day for bolivar peninsula including rollover pass to crystal beach and alot of other neighborhoods this saturday the 18th. Maybe people would want to volunteer to help, they certainly need it.

The link to the sign up page and info page is http://www.rebuildbolivar.com/ I believe you can sign up starting tuesday online and they will assign you an area to be a part of a clean up team.

Just thought people might be wanting to help but not know how.

2. AVID

AVID New Member

Um... our beach house is still standing on Crystal Beach, but is in need of major reconstruction. If you're interested in volunteering, you're help is most needed!

3. sharksnak

sharksnak New Member

I have a slab left, thats all.

4. Devldawg

Devldawg New Member

This was short notice but would definitely be interested in lending a hand to help some other weekend.

5. Heidi Ho

Heidi Ho Grand Pooh Staff Member

I agree - I'd love to help someone somehow......

6. sharksnak

sharksnak New Member

I found my golfcart yesterday about quarter of a mile north east of my house.

7. Heidi Ho

Sharksnak - I'm sure it's been and continues to be very difficult for you; let us know if you need some help.

8. Heidi Ho

Volunteering

Volunteerhouston.org lists volunteer opportunities throughout the city.......