Looking for something to do:

Upcoming CHUM Events

Dismiss Notice
  3. Where CHUM Dives

CHUM dive trips, trip reports, dive buddy board and more:

Where CHUM Dives

Dismiss Notice
  4. CHUM Officers

Questions, Suggestions, Want to Lead a CHUM Trip or Learn about the CHUM Officers? Contact us:

Your CHUM Board of Directors

Dismiss Notice
  5. CHUM Facebook

Like and Follow us:

CHUM FaceBook

Dismiss Notice
  6. CHUM Swag

Get Your CHUM Swag Here. Browse through our own store to pick up great swag for all the ocean lovers and scubadivers you know. Purchasing items supports the club - even if it's not CHUM branded. There are items for everyone so go pick something out today.

CHUM Swag

Dismiss Notice
  7. DAM CHUMmers

Get special CHUM swag by Diving Every Month. Become a

DAM CHUMmer
    Dismiss Notice
  8. May Meeting

Join CHUM for the Monthly Meeting

Meeting Link

Dismiss Notice
  9. June 2017 CHUM Flower Gardens Trip

Who's got time for a Fling?

I DO!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. 2018 Canada

CHUM's Canada Bound. Join us Summer 2018 for:

Eau Canada
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Become A Tiger Shark and More

Become a full fledged CHUM member by paying only $35/year to become a Tiger Shark, pay for trips or even pick up an extra CHUM T-shirt or CHUM patch here.

CHUM Payments

Dismiss Notice

Little Cayman trip January 1 - 8, 2017

Discussion in 'Member Trip Reports' started by Cajun Diver, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver Tiger Shark

I found a deal for the first week in January and went to Little Cayman.

I started out by going to Grand Cayman on December 31st since the flight out of Houston got in too late to hop over to Little Cayman. So I spent new years on 7 mile beach watching fireworks for hours.

The next day I hopped over to Little Cayman to the Little Cayman Beach Resort and met my dive buddy Larry for 6 days of perfect weather and great diving with Reef Divers. It was my first trip there (other than a day trip from Cayman Brac a few years ago) and it's some of the best reefs I've seen. It's definitely a place I'll go back to because of the excellent dive op, resort and very good food.

Some of my favorite sites were Mixing Bowl, Nancy's cup of tea, Lea Leas lookout and Meadow. Plus the day we went over to Brac for the Tibbets wreck was flat calm and a pod of dolphins joined us on the way back.

The perfect way to start a year with 3 dives a day, lounging on the hammocks on the beach in the afternoons and meeting a bunch of interesting divers from different parts of the U.S. and other parts of the world.

I put a few pictures in a gallery here.

2. Ms KJenn Dives

Ms KJenn Dives Tiger Shark

Sounds like a great trip!
    When you go back, it sounds like a great CHUM dive trip.
    Now, that you've got January in the bag, are you going to go for being a DAM CHUMmer?

Sushi Boy likes this.
  3. Hawkeye Mark

Hawkeye Mark Iowa Hawkeye Fan

We went there at the end of May with a former HUC group lead by teresafish who is listed on the board. We had a great time. 19 people(5 of whom were non divers including a baby). Sushi Boy and I talked about a trip. The challenge with groups is the small planes. Our group was spread out over several flights from/to GC both coming and going. Not a big deal as the resort is like 5 minutes from the airport. One afternoon(I didn't do the afternoon dives) my better half and I actually walked to the only store which is right next to the airport.

Cajun Diver likes this.
  4. Ms KJenn Dives

Ms KJenn Dives Tiger Shark

Little Cayman is on my 'to dive' list.....
    The logistics sound like a trip that Sushi Boy would find a piece of cake compared to some of his previous dive expeditions.

5. Hawkeye Mark

Its not that bad. Most everyone made the trip in one day but some had to sit around GC airport half the day waiting for their flight. We left on Friday afternoon and spent one night in GC at the Comfort Suites. Had the first flight the next morning and were laying on the beach by 10:30. Diving only started the next day(I guess I could have done the afternoon dive but didn't). The rest of the group drifted in during the day.

Ms KJenn Dives likes this.
  6. Hawkeye Mark

One of the first trips CHUM took was to Medina Luna near San Luis Potosi. Still probably the best freshwater dive I have been on. The logistics were interesting especially those who went by bus. We flew.

Ms KJenn Dives likes this.