1. Blue Ocean? No, Red Sea We're diving the Red Sea in June 2019 and we'd love to have you join us!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to CHUM

New to CHUM or the CHUM website, visit our: Welcome to CHUM page

Dismiss Notice
  3. Upcoming Events

Looking for something to do:

Upcoming CHUM Events

Dismiss Notice
  4. Where CHUM Dives

CHUM dive trips, trip reports, dive buddy board and more:

Where CHUM Dives

Dismiss Notice
  5. CHUM Officers

Questions, Suggestions, Want to Lead a CHUM Trip or Learn about the CHUM Officers? Contact us:

Your CHUM Board of Directors

Dismiss Notice
  6. CHUM Facebook

Like and Follow us:

CHUM FaceBook

Dismiss Notice
  7. CHUM Swag

Get Your CHUM Swag Here. Browse through our own store to pick up great swag for all the ocean lovers and scubadivers you know. Purchasing items supports the club - even if it's not CHUM branded. There are items for everyone so go pick something out today.

CHUM Swag

Dismiss Notice
  8. DAM CHUMmers

Get special CHUM swag by Diving Every Month. Become a

DAM CHUMmer
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Going Down on Travis

Join us as we go down on:

Travis
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Become A Tiger Shark and More

Become a full fledged CHUM member by paying only $35/year to become a Tiger Shark, pay for trips or even pick up an extra CHUM T-shirt or CHUM patch here.

CHUM Payments

Dismiss Notice
  11. Where CHUM Dives

Join us on the first CHUMfest!

THE First-Ever CHUMfest on the Comal River Oct. 12-14, 2018

Dismiss Notice

THE First-Ever CHUMfest on the Comal River Oct. 12-14, 2018

Discussion in 'CHUM Dive Trips and Events' started by watermonkee, Aug 30, 2018.

1. watermonkee

watermonkee CHUM Secretary Staff Member

Let's start a brand-new yearly CHUM tradition!

THE LATEST:
    After much discussion about how to accommodate the most participants, the schedule has so far not changed.

For those who can camp only on Friday night, I have good news for you! For an extra $10, you can pitch one small tent on the site of someone paying the full $30 for two nights. As of now, there are only two parties with shareable sites - Volans and watermonkee/ReefHound.

If you want to join this event and intend to pay the two-night minimum for a site, please call Landa RV & Campground 830-625-1211 to reserve your river-front spot ASAP. Post
    your site number in this thread.

CHUM has fun in both small and large groups, but I hope we get this thing going as a yearly tradition! Feel free to PM me if you have any suggestions.

Many of you will remember the Trashfest event that was sponsored by the Texas Gulf Coast Council of Diving Clubs on the Comal River for almost 40 years. After 2012, it was cancelled for various reasons. As a club, we made many memories during this event!

Although there won't be any such noble mission on this outing (just having a fun weekend), we'd like to revive this October get-together! The water will be the same 71-ish degrees it is all year long, and the air temp will be perfect! {Insert good-weather dance here!} We can dive Saturday morning, and of course, float a CHUM-o-pede down the river after lunch!

As of now, there are 8 riverfront sites available at our usual spot, Landa RV & Campground. The nightly off-season rate is $30 per night and includes 1 RV or tent + 1 car + 2 people. Of course, you can arrange to stay in a hotel instead of camping, and you can join for the day on Saturday only if that works better for you.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018 at 5:16 PM
  2. Seaagg05

Seaagg05 Vice President Staff Member

I may be able to come, Friday night only

Jen and watermonkee like this.
  3. AngelaN

AngelaN New Member

oh my god the timing sucks balls. We wan to go but have plans. And we are going camping the next weekend

4. wanderwoman

wanderwoman Tiger Shark

I don't think I can make this during the weekend of 12-14 Oct. Did the dates change? I had this down in my calendar for the first weekend in October.

5. Heidi Ho

Heidi Ho Grand Pooh Staff Member

watermonkee's out diving but she told us that Landa is completely booked the first weekend in October so she had to change the date.

6. watermonkee

Actually not leaving town 'til tomorrow. Sorry the timing isn't working out for everyone. There's an event (the Gruene wine fest, I think) that caused the park to be completely booked the first weekend.

I hope we can pick up some interest for this event and add it to our list of beloved CHUM traditions!

Jen and Ms KJenn Dives like this.
  7. Hawkeye Mark

Hawkeye Mark Iowa Hawkeye Fan

Some people from Lunarfins(the NASA dive club) are interested. I suggested they register as Nurse Sharks so they could indicate their interest. I sent them the information about the gathering.

watermonkee, Jen and Heidi Ho like this.
  8. Jen

Jen Tiger Shark

I should be able to make it. I'll probably only camp Friday night, though.

watermonkee likes this.
  9. Volans

Volans Member

I’m in. Campsite booked:)

watermonkee likes this.
  10. sharkbaitoohahah

sharkbaitoohahah Treasurer Staff Member

Sorry I won't be able to make it... I have to work that weekend... Have fun!!

11. watermonkee

Which site are you in?

12. Seaagg05

Seaagg05 Vice President Staff Member

Just tried to make reservations but there is a 2 night minimum so I’m out. I can’t do 2 nights. It’s possible that I can meet you at the park by the dam. I still need to get in my October dive and that is the only weekend I am semi-free

13. watermonkee

See post #1 for the latest updates!

Jen likes this.