Looking for something to do:

Upcoming CHUM Events

Dismiss Notice
  3. Where CHUM Dives

CHUM dive trips, trip reports, dive buddy board and more:

Where CHUM Dives

Dismiss Notice
  4. CHUM Officers

Questions, Suggestions, Want to Lead a CHUM Trip or Learn about the CHUM Officers? Contact us:

Your CHUM Board of Directors

Dismiss Notice
  5. CHUM Facebook

Like and Follow us:

CHUM FaceBook

Dismiss Notice
  6. CHUM Swag

Get Your CHUM Swag Here. Browse through our own store to pick up great swag for all the ocean lovers and scubadivers you know. Purchasing items supports the club - even if it's not CHUM branded. There are items for everyone so go pick something out today.

CHUM Swag

Dismiss Notice
  7. DAM CHUMmers

Get special CHUM swag by Diving Every Month. Become a

DAM CHUMmer
    Dismiss Notice
  8. 2018 Canada

CHUM's Canada Bound. Join us Summer 2018 for:

Eau Canada
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Philippine Phantasy 2018

Dive with CHUM as we

Try to find Nemo. We're off to the Philippines and would love to have you join us.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. CHUM B.O.D. Nominations

Nominations are open for:

CHUM VP & Treasure positions

Dismiss Notice
  11. CHUM Holiday Party

CHUM's annual Holiday Party:

Thursday, December 7th at St. Arnold's Brewery

Dismiss Notice
  12. November 2017 Meeting

David Lenderman will speak on the Coral Triangle which includes The Philippines:

November 2017 meeting

Dismiss Notice
  13. Become A Tiger Shark and More

Become a full fledged CHUM member by paying only $35/year to become a Tiger Shark, pay for trips, pay for CHUM Calendars and even pick up an extra CHUM T-shirt or CHUM patch here.

CHUM Payments

Dismiss Notice

Five DAM Years - DAM CHUMMERS 2017

Discussion in 'Where CHUM Dives' started by Heidi Ho, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Heidi Ho

Heidi Ho Pooh Staff Member

Hard to believe but it's true; CHUM's often imitated but never duplicated DAM CHUMMER program is back for its 5th year.

Very cool - and here's how it works. Here's also a link to last year's challenge so you can see how it works.

DAM stands for 'Dive a Month'. It's a challenge in our club to dive once a month for the entire year. Your dive doesn't have to be part of a CHUM outing - although those are always the most fun. You can dive anywhere and with anyone as long as you dive once a month.

As you complete your dive each month, just report back here on this thread and let us know. Even though we are pirates, we run this program on the honor system. Feel free to add a few details and post pictures in the gallery too - we'd love to know what you were up to. It's a great way for us all to share in your success.

As always, we kick off the program each year with a New Year's Dive so you can get that first dive out of the way early. We encourage everyone to use the Dive Buddy Board anytime you want to get wet.

In addition to showing off your love of diving, we give you .... well, actually you earn, CHUM swag that you can show off.

If you've successfully completed the first year, you'll earn a DAM CHUMMER patch.
    patch-smaller.jpg

If you've successfully completed the second year, you'll earn a DAM CHUMMER hat or visor with the DAM CHUMMER logo and your screen name embroidered on it. We should be able to offer your choice of any of the hats/visors/colors that we had in Cap-a-palooza but it depends on what the vendor still carries. Here's an example of the Fidel cap:

Fidel cap.jpg
    [​IMG]

If you've successfully completed the third year, you'll earn a DAM CHUMMER polo shirt with the DAM CHUMMER logo embroidered on the front, the Texas dive flag embroidered on the back of the collar, and your screen name embroidered on the sleeve. They are Port Authority Rapid Dry Polos, with a 60/40 cotton/poly blend and are available in either a Unisex or Ladies version. You'll have your choice of any of the available colors; here is an example of the Unisex polo in blue. Man not included ;)

polo blue.jpg

If you've successfully completed the fourth year, you'll earn a DAM CHUMMER microfiber towel embroidered with the DAM CHUMMER logo and your screen name. We're just about to award our first DAM CHUMMER towels so when we do, I'll post a pic.

If you've successfully completed the fifth year, you'll earn a scuba coat embroidered with a DAM CHUMMER logo and your screen name. We haven't decided yet on the exact jacket, but this is the type of scuba coat we're looking at.

index.jpg

If you can't do it every single year, not a problem; the years that you dive do not have to be consecutive. If you were a DAM CHUMMER one year, then took a year off then did it for a second year, you'd have earned the second year swag.

Also, for those who can't quite swing diving for 12 consecutive months, we have (DAM Close) - diving 11 of the 12 months - and (Still DAM Good) - diving 10 of the 12 months. While you won't have earned any swag, you will have earned recognition at our January meeting.

The only requirement to enter is that you must be a Tiger Shark when you started and when you completed the challenge.

It's a great program and a fun way to stay in the water all year.

We've got a great group of divers who have already accepted the challenge - let's add your name to that list!

2. Heidi Ho

DAM CHUMMERS for 2017

First year DAM CHUMMERS:

PegLeg (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, June, July, Aug, Sept,Oct,Nov)
    Seaagg05 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, June, July, Aug, Sept,Oct)
    Cajun Diver (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr,May, June, July, Aug, Sept,Oct)
    DivingDoug (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, June, July, Aug, Sept,Oct)
    JSWeather4d (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr,May, June, July, Aug, Sept,Oct)​

Second year DAM CHUMMERS:

wanderwoman (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr,May,June,July, Aug, Sept,Oct)
    Siren (Jan, Feb,Mar, Apr,May, June, July, Aug, Sept,Oct)
    24% (Jan, Feb,Mar, Apr,May, June, July, Aug, Sept,Oct)​

Third year DAM CHUMMERS:

watermonkee (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, June, July, Aug,Sept,Oct)
    Fifth year DAM CHUMMERS:
    LegoBloxs (Jan, Feb, March,Apr, May, June, July, Aug,Sept, Oct,Nov)
    birddog (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, June, July, Aug,Sept,Oct,Nov)
    Sushi Boy (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr,May,June, July, Aug,Sept,Oct,Nov)
    GWNDWN (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr,May, June, July, Aug,Sept,Oct)
    VanessaArrrr (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, June, July)
    ReefHound (Jan, Feb, Mar,Apr, May, June, July, Aug,Sept,Oct)​

DAM CLOSE (11 out of 12 months):

STILL DAM GOOD (10 out of 12 months):

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2017
  3. VanessaArrrr

VanessaArrrr Tiger Shark

I am down for five.

Heidi Ho and Sushi Boy like this.
  4. wanderwoman

wanderwoman Tiger Shark

Please put me down as a year 2 DAM CHUMmer.

VanessaArrrr likes this.
  5. LegoBloxs

LegoBloxs Tiger Shark

How could I possibly say 'no'? Going for 5th.

VanessaArrrr likes this.
  6. Siren

Siren Tiger Shark

I am SO in for year 2.....but I have to convince 24%. :oops:

7. GWNDWN

GWNDWN Tiger Shark

sign me up for a 5th year

VanessaArrrr likes this.
  8. ReefHound

ReefHound Divemaster

You should just automatically put in the 2nd-5th year members. Or wait til they post in January that they actually dived.

9. LegoBloxs

LegoBloxs Tiger Shark

Woohoo, first month in the bag. Birddog, Seaagg05 and myself braved the cold morning to make nice dive at Blue Lagoon. Nice dive but a little chilly on the hands getting wet gear put away after.

Sushi Boy and Seaagg05 like this.
  10. PegLeg

PegLeg Tiger Shark

My first is done, Thursday, Aquarena.
    Much warmer than Blue Lagoon Saturday.

11. LegoBloxs

LegoBloxs Tiger Shark

Delighted to hear you are back in the water again

12. wanderwoman

wanderwoman Tiger Shark

Year two for me!

13. Heidi Ho

Excellent start - and we're not even two weeks in. I know we'll add another coupla DAMMERS this Saturday when the weather is more reasonable :)

Welcome to our new first years - PegLeg and Seaagg05. There's still plenty of time to join them.

Seaagg05 likes this.
  14. Heidi Ho

Yeah.....no. :) If you don't post it, it didn't happen.

15. ReefHound

ReefHound Divemaster

I'm not talking about posting the actual dives but there is no requirement to announce you are "going" for it. You can say what you're going to do all you want but the only thing that counts is what you've done, when you post and say "I dived this month at...".

16. Sushi Boy

Sushi Boy DAM CHUMmer

I guess I'll go for it. Jan done! It was fun, much more fun than last weekend would've been.

17. VanessaArrrr

VanessaArrrr Tiger Shark

January completed. 11 more to go.

18. ReefHound

ReefHound Divemaster

Marci and I dived Cream of Wheat and Diversion at Spring Lake, January in the bag.

19. watermonkee

watermonkee CHUM Secretary Staff Member

Sorry, 288 ain't my thang. This was our last opportunity to go for January, so we had to miss the get-together. I hope y'all had a great time!

20. wanderwoman

wanderwoman Tiger Shark

Jan in the bag. 29 minutes at 59 degrees at 288 with a few other diving maniacs.