Looking for something to do:

Upcoming CHUM Events

Dismiss Notice
  3. Where CHUM Dives

CHUM dive trips, trip reports, dive buddy board and more:

Where CHUM Dives

Dismiss Notice
  4. CHUM Officers

Questions, Suggestions, Want to Lead a CHUM Trip or Learn about the CHUM Officers? Contact us:

Your CHUM Board of Directors

Dismiss Notice
  5. CHUM Facebook

Like and Follow us:

CHUM FaceBook

Dismiss Notice
  6. CHUM Store

Pay Tiger Shark Dues. Pay for Trips. Buy CHUM Merchandise.

CHUM Store

Dismiss Notice
  7. DAM CHUMmers

Get special CHUM swag by Diving Every Month. Become a

DAM CHUMmer
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Hawaii

CHUM is headed to Hawaii in September! To find out how you can join us in this exciting and beautiful destination

click hereMolikini Crater
    Dismiss Notice
  9. June 2017 CHUM Flower Gardens Trip

Join CHUM dives the National Marine Sanctuary Flower Gardens June 3rd - 4th
    Dismiss Notice
  10. 2018 Canada

CHUM's Canada Bound. Join us Summer 2018 for:

Eau Canada
    Dismiss Notice
  11. August 2017 CHUM Flower Gardens Trip

Join CHUM dives the National Marine Sanctuary Flower Gardens August 5-6
    Dismiss Notice
  12. Jimmy Buffet Concert

Join CHUM at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion for Jimmy Buffet - June 8th
    Dismiss Notice
  13. Galveston June 10

Saturday, June 10th, CHUM's heading to Galveston:

Marine Biology Boat Tour
    Dismiss Notice

New To Chum

Discussion in 'New to CHUM' started by outback, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Diver_T

Diver_T Treasurer Staff Member

Welcome fsvergara! I am looking forward to hearing about your past dives and favorite places.

2. islandboysrule

islandboysrule New Member

Hey Guys,
    New to the forum, originally from Trinidad and Tobago but living in Houston since 2007 (I'm Texan ;-)
    I got certified in 2015 in Aruba, since then I've dived a few place; Australia (Byron Bay), Mexico (Playa, Cozumel), Tobago, Key Marathon, Key West, Flower Gardens Banks and the usual suspects in and around Houston.

Quite keen on underwater photography, coming from a bird photographer background....interested in catching up with others on this subject. I may even add a gallery.

Cheers!
    JW

3. Heidi Ho

Heidi Ho Pooh Staff Member

Welcome - glad you found us. Hope you can make an upcoming meeting or event.

4. islandboysrule

islandboysrule New Member

Absolutely - once schedules permit!
    I will be diving at Spring Lake next weekend if anyones interested :) (probably both days testing new camera rig)

5. Bo Dives

Bo Dives New Member

Hello From the DEEP South LOL The Big Island of Galveston your sister city down South, I am a H town native born and raised. Just was to far from the water ya know how it is being a diver and a Pieces to boot had to be close to the water. Ive been certified since 89' but due to life and Family responsibility's was not able to dive nearly as much as I would have liked. That being Said 2 years ago the wife and I spent 11 glorious days in Grand Cayman and when we returned not only did I have a GREAT tan but a newly certified wife and I came back Nitrox Certified to add to my Certifications .WHOOT WHOOT. We now dive as often as we can, we were diving Mammoth lakes they seem to have something going on there now. Very sad liked it much better than 288 lakes (that was a huge disappointment). Any way I have dove blue whole in Huntsville, lake Travis by Austin, Palancar reef and others around Cozumel, The devils grotto and Eden Rock and other places in Cayman always looking for a new place. Oh and I found you on a search of scuba board. Looking for new Dive buddy's and always Drinking mates. I am A DJ by trade for last 30 years Done it all from Radio to night clubs now just Weddings. I live to get wet, Looking forward to makein lots of new friends.....Cheers and lets get WET !!

Sushi Boy likes this.
  6. StinkyDiver3521

StinkyDiver3521 New Member

Happy Holidays from Houston! Signed up on CHUM a few months ago but wasn't looking to become active at that time. Now would like to get into diving. Grew up with just mask and fins along S. California (Laguna, catalina, etc.) but didn't become SCUBA cert. till 2014 when I got certified in the Puget Sound. Would like to take advantage of proximity to some warmer and clearer waters. Will be hunting the boards for newbie activities in order to develop skills. Thanks for all your work in this website, posts, and memberships! -Matt

Ms KJenn Dives and Sushi Boy like this.
  7. Ms KJenn Dives

Ms KJenn Dives veep Staff Member

Welcome to CHUM StinkyDiver3521!
    Be sure to check out our buddy board for informal get together information on diving locally. Find CHUM dive trips & events (local, regional, and international) here.
    In addition to diving, we get together socially. We meet the 3rd Thursday of the month at Jake's Sports Bar on Chimney Rock. Hope you can join us for some of our upcoming events.

8. Sushi Boy

Sushi Boy DAM CHUMmer

But not in December!

We do have a Dec social coming up at Lei Low though.

9. Heidi Ho

Heidi Ho Pooh Staff Member

Welcome everyone. In addition to the drinking at Lei Low, we always have a New Year's dive - we'd love to have you join us. We have a DAM CHUMMER program and the January dive is the perfect way to kick it off.