Looking for something to do:

Upcoming CHUM Events

Dismiss Notice
  3. Where CHUM Dives

CHUM dive trips, trip reports, dive buddy board and more:

Where CHUM Dives

Dismiss Notice
  4. CHUM Officers

Questions, Suggestions, Want to Lead a CHUM Trip or Learn about the CHUM Officers? Contact us:

Your CHUM Board of Directors

Dismiss Notice
  5. CHUM Facebook

Like and Follow us:

CHUM FaceBook

Dismiss Notice
  6. CHUM Swag

Get Your CHUM Swag Here. Browse through our own store to pick up great swag for all the ocean lovers and scubadivers you know. Purchasing items supports the club - even if it's not CHUM branded. There are items for everyone so go pick something out today.

CHUM Swag

Dismiss Notice
  7. DAM CHUMmers

Get special CHUM swag by Diving Every Month. Become a

DAM CHUMmer
    Dismiss Notice
  8. 2018 Canada

CHUM's Canada Bound. Join us Summer 2018 for:

Eau Canada
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Philippine Phantasy 2018

Dive with CHUM as we

Try to find Nemo. We're off to the Philippines and would love to have you join us.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. CHUM B.O.D. Nominations

Nominations are open for:

CHUM VP & Treasure positions

Dismiss Notice
  11. CHUM Holiday Party

CHUM's annual Holiday Party:

Thursday, December 7th at St. Arnold's Brewery

Dismiss Notice
  12. November 2017 Meeting

David Lenderman will speak on the Coral Triangle which includes The Philippines:

November 2017 meeting

Dismiss Notice
  13. Become A Tiger Shark and More

Become a full fledged CHUM member by paying only $35/year to become a Tiger Shark, pay for trips, pay for CHUM Calendars and even pick up an extra CHUM T-shirt or CHUM patch here.

CHUM Payments

Dismiss Notice

Voting Open for 2017 Diver of the Year

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by DivingDoug, Nov 13, 2017 at 8:07 PM.

1. DivingDoug

DivingDoug President Staff Member

Thank you to everyone who nominated someone for CHUM's 2017 Diver of the Year. Now comes the really fun part: Voting!

Voting will be open from now until Nov 30th. Please send me a PM (conversation) with your vote. Alternatively, you may cast your vote at November's meeting.

And the nominees are...

Wanderwoman
    Wanderwoman shows true spirit in all aspects. She is there for local dive outings like Blue Lagoon as well as exotic trips like Hawaii. Warm water or cold water, clear water or murky water. She is also there for the monthly meetings and the social events. CHUM needs more members like her.

SeaAgg05
    As a relatively new CHUM member, SeaAgg05 actively participates in club activities, including social & dive outings. He’s also working towards being a 1st Year DAM CHUMMER. He stepped up this year by leading a CHUM trio to Dive the Texas Clipper and he’s continuing his commitment and participation in the club by running for CHUM Vice President. We need more Seaagg05s in the club and he'd make a great Diver of the Year.

PegLeg
    To put it quite simply, PegLeg's a badass. Nothing slows him down and he’s really come back strong this year, building his dive skills through adversity. He participates fully while on Chum activities and he’s working on his Dam Chummer. He travels long distances routinely for meetings and participates in social activities. When he came back from the Red Sea trip he actively pursued getting a meeting topic to share those experiences and opportunities with the rest of us. He routinely helps other with an equipment problem and shares his extra equipment with others.

SushiBoy
    As a founding member of the club and a board member for over 10 years, Sushi Boy has never been eligible for this award until this year. His dedication to this club is obvious and never waning; even though he's stepped down from a leadership position, he continues to lead through his actions. He shows up to every meeting, regularly posts on our social media, plans trips and is an active member of the club.

Diver_T, Heidi Ho, Siren and 3 others like this.
  2. Heidi Ho

Heidi Ho Pooh Staff Member

Can I vote 4 times? :rolleyes: And I thought voting for calendar pictures was hard! Each of these members personifies what a great club we have - we're lucky to know them all.

3. Ms KJenn Dives

Ms KJenn Dives veep Staff Member

Voting for all 4 sounds like what I’m wanting to do, also..... Great choices, but a very difficult decision. They’re all great CHUMMERS.

PegLeg likes this.
  4. PegLeg

PegLeg Tiger Shark

So how many times can you vote? Ballot stuffing sound so Holidayish.

Ms KJenn Dives likes this.
  5. Heidi Ho

Do you mean Holly-Dayish? ;)

Ms KJenn Dives and Siren like this.
  6. PegLeg

PegLeg Tiger Shark

I was going for "something done during the Holidays "
    Spelling, hyphens, not my thing, I spell it the way I feel it.

7. Heidi Ho

PEGLEG - it's a play on my name....Holly-Days....get it? I do this same stupid joke every year.....