Looking for something to do:

Upcoming CHUM Events

Dismiss Notice
  3. Where CHUM Dives

CHUM dive trips, trip reports, dive buddy board and more:

Where CHUM Dives

Dismiss Notice
  4. CHUM Officers

Questions, Suggestions, Want to Lead a CHUM Trip or Learn about the CHUM Officers? Contact us:

Your CHUM Board of Directors

Dismiss Notice
  5. CHUM Facebook

Like and Follow us:

CHUM FaceBook

Dismiss Notice
  6. CHUM Store

Pay Tiger Shark Dues. Pay for Trips. Buy CHUM Merchandise.

CHUM Store

Dismiss Notice
  7. DAM CHUMmers

Get special CHUM swag by Diving Every Month. Become a

DAM CHUMmer
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Hawaii

CHUM is headed to Hawaii in September! To find out how you can join us in this exciting and beautiful destination

click hereMolikini Crater
    Dismiss Notice
  9. June 2017 CHUM Flower Gardens Trip

Join CHUM dives the National Marine Sanctuary Flower Gardens June 3rd - 4th
    Dismiss Notice
  10. 2018 Canada

CHUM's Canada Bound. Join us Summer 2018 for:

Eau Canada
    Dismiss Notice
  11. August 2017 CHUM Flower Gardens Trip

Join CHUM dives the National Marine Sanctuary Flower Gardens August 5-6
    Dismiss Notice
  12. Jimmy Buffet Concert

Join CHUM at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion for Jimmy Buffet - June 8th
    Dismiss Notice
  13. Galveston June 10

Saturday, June 10th, CHUM's heading to Galveston:

Marine Biology Boat Tour
    Dismiss Notice

CHUM's TV Guide

Discussion in 'Dive Stories' started by Sushi Boy, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Heidi Ho

Heidi Ho Pooh Staff Member

It's not coral sex.....

but it's close.

Tonight on PBS at 9 is a show called Sex in the Wild and the topic is dolphins and whales. If you miss it, it's being rerun on Friday afternoon from 3:30-4:30

2. Sushi Boy

Sushi Boy DAM CHUMmer

late notice, but kinda cool

From FGBNMS:

"Tonight's Jeopardy! show will include a category on National Marine
    Sanctuaries. A few month's ago, the show's producers reached out to
    Stellwagen and Monterey Bay NMS. However, we have no idea what Alex
    Trebek and company have planned.
    "

3. VanessaArrrr

VanessaArrrr Tiger Shark

Must see Flower Gardens TV!

Tune in or set your DVR for "Window in the Waves-The story of the Flower Garden Banks" airing this month in Houston and Southeast Texas.

Houston PBS TV-8

Wed Oct 22 @ 7pm
    Fri Oct 24 @ 1:30am
    Sat Oct 25 @ 4:30pm

Social Media Trailer: https://vimeo.com/106984705

4. Heidi Ho

Nat Geo Wild has a buncha programming on now and thru tonight that's all good stuff for us; Caribbean's Deadly Underworld features Bob Ballard

5. Sushi Boy

Sushi Boy DAM CHUMmer

It's short notice, but oceanographer Robert Ballard will be on 60 Minutes this evening, 7:00pm on CBS.

6. Heidi Ho

Drain the Titanic...NatGeo tonight and tomorrow on at several times.

It's a computer simulation of the wreck sitting on dry land based on underwater mapping. The theory is that they'll be able to see things they couldn't see before.

7. Heidi Ho

so I thought I'd let you know how it was - although they said they'd reveal her mysteries ;), a few of the mysteries they solved were things I already knew so they couldn't be THAT mysterious.

However, one point they talked about was where she broke in half - there have been many theories over the years about how and when that happened and the theory last night was a new one on me. They seem to think she broke well below the surface - hadn't heard that one before. They based it on the size of the debris pattern around the stern...I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle of all the theories.

If you don't know much about Titanic, you might find it interesting. I think it's on more times than I mentioned last night.

8. Heidi Ho

Tonight at 9, and repeated multiple times throughout the week, is Sharks of Cuba. You know the channel :p

9. aggiediver

aggiediver Tiger Shark

I saw it yesterday. The Sharks were HUGE! [emoji15][emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. aggiediver

aggiediver Tiger Shark

I'm watching Shark Trek on Nat Geo. OMG! I have been fearless jumping into the ocean. I didn't know great whites were in Florida.:D I'll just stick to man made lakes and caverns. LOL!

11. DeepGeek

DeepGeek Tiger Shark

Saw this just before I returned from the UK: "Hunt for the Arctic Ghost Ship"
    http://www.liontv.com/London/Productions/Hunt-for-the-Arctic-Ghost-Ship
    It describes the ill-fated Franklin expedition to find the North West passage and how the canadians found one of the ships. Dive footage at the end, including the ship's bell.

I'm sure the footage will be shown here, maybe on Nat Geo, at some point. Worth keeping an eye out for. Often these shows have manufactured drama and spin out a story: this one does a better job than most.

12. Sushi Boy

Sushi Boy DAM CHUMmer

The FGBNMS staff just sent this note out:

Starting Monday, August 31, Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary will be the host location for "Big Blue LIVE," a global television and multimedia event showcasing one of the world’s most extraordinary and biologically diverse marine ecosystems.

Co-produced by PBS and BBC, the three-night broadcast will bring together scientists, filmmakers and photographers and other experts to film and photograph marine life that feed in the sanctuary this time of year.

Viewers will be treated to state-of-the-art filming technologies and live reports from air, sea, and below the waves. “BIG Blue LIVE” will be broadcast from the waters and shoreline of Monterey Bay National
    Marine Sanctuary, aboard Office of National Marine Sanctuary vessel RV Fulmar, and from the Monterey Bay Aquarium.

Looks like it comes on Channel 8 in Houston at 7 pm Mon Aug 31st - Wed Sep 2nd.

Here's a preview:

[video=youtube;xZGyaBQA5R4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZGyaBQA5R4[/video]

13. Heidi Ho

On Nat Geo Wild all day today are shows for us .... Bob Ballard dives Caribbean's Deadly Underworld, Dolphin Coast of Brazil, programs on Costa Rica, Galapagos and one on Baja. See what I did there????

The undersea viewing just goes on all day....great for a rainy Sunday afternoon.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    Ms KJenn Dives likes this.
  14. Heidi Ho

On National Geographic channel today going from 1 pm - 7 pm, they're doing their Drain The series. It's all CGI about what it would look like if we drained the Bermuda Triangle or drained the ocean or drained the Titanic. You get the idea. Then at 8 and again at 10 is a James Cameron production about trying to find Atlantis.

Ms KJenn Dives likes this.
  15. Heidi Ho

On Nat Geo Wild tonight from 7 pm - 10 pm is a program called Galapagos. There's no original air date and the description just says the show is exploring the changing world of the Galapagos.

Ms KJenn Dives and Cajun Diver like this.